By Lisa Miller
'The content material of the e-book is excellent.... The power lies in its special software of principles to perform. using the case fabric to demonstrate software is great and works well.' - Helen Cosis-Brown, collage of Middlesex
This re-creation of Counselling abilities for Social paintings argues that sturdy counselling abilities are on the center of potent social paintings perform. construction at the luck of the 1st variation, this middle textbook brings a variety of healing types, with their theoretical underpinnings and abilities, without delay right into a social paintings context. via how the underlying thought may be utilized to specialist perform, chapters determine the foremost abilities which might be hired for the simplest social paintings intervention.
Key gains of the ebook include:
- a pragmatic skills-based approach;
- a spotlight on service-user stories and arange of case-studies drawn from quite a few `real-life' settings;
- a brand new bankruptcy devoted to counselling younger people;
- bankruptcy content material is associated with the latest NOS and GSCC directions structuring education and perform;
- end-of-chapter Reflective Questions and suggestions for perform summarising the major theoretical thoughts and their applications.
Written in a full of life and fascinating sort this up-to-date re-creation could be a useful textual content for undergraduate scholars in social paintings. it is going to even be valuable for certified practitioners to reinforce realizing of communique and the method of swap during the medium of counselling skills.
Read Online or Download Counselling Skills for Social Work PDF
Similar poverty books
Over the post-Mao interval, the chinese language country has substantially reduce its function in investment well-being prone and insuring its voters opposed to the prices of sick future health. utilizing an analytical framework drawn from experiences of kingdom retrenchment in industrialized democracies and in post-communist jap Europe, Jane Duckett argues that the state’s retreat from overall healthiness in China used to be no longer an easy final result of monetary regulations and marketplace reform.
Compliment for the 1st variation: 'The content material of the booklet is superb. .. . The power lies in its distinct program of rules to perform. using the case fabric to demonstrate software is superb and works good. ' - Helen Cosis-Brown, collage of MiddlesexThis new version of Counselling abilities for Social paintings argues that solid counselling abilities are on the center of powerful social paintings perform.
The speed of younger unwed and youths having childrens is expanding, and plenty of of those decide to "co-parent" little ones, instead of to marry and stay in a dating. younger mom and dad are in danger for carrying out dysfunctional parenting practices and intimate accomplice violence, and face extra demanding situations on best in their personal developmental struggles.
Below what stipulations can new applied sciences improve the health of terrible groups? The research designs an alternate review framework (AEF) that applies Amartya Sen’s potential method of the examine of data and communications applied sciences (ICTs) in an effort to position people’s future health, instead of expertise, on the heart of the research.
- Divided: The Perils of Our Growing Inequality
- In Search of the Luminous Heart: From the Mountains of Naranjito, Puerto Rico to the Mountains of Crestone, Colorado
- A Twenty-First Century Approach to Community Change: Partnering to Improve Life Outcomes for Youth and Families in Under-Served Neighborhoods
- Making Volunteers: Civic Life after Welfare's End (Princeton Studies in Cultural Sociology)
- Re-imagining child protection
Additional info for Counselling Skills for Social Work
Counselling Skills for Social Work by Lisa Miller