By Thomas K. Hubbard
A better half to Greek and Roman Sexualities offers a complete number of unique essays on the subject of points of gender and sexuality within the classical world.
- Views some of the practices and discursive contexts of sexuality systematically and holistically
- Discusses Greece and Rome in each one bankruptcy, with sensitivity to the continuities and transformations among the 2 classical civilizations
- Addresses the classical impression at the realizing of later a while and religion
- Covers inventive and literary genres, numerous social environments of sexual behavior, and the technical disciplines of medication, magic, physiognomy, and dream interpretation
- Features contributions from greater than forty most sensible overseas scholars
Read or Download A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best psychology of sexuality books
A few males are specially tricky to regulate within the psychotherapy room. they're controlling, exploitive, inflexible, competitive, and prejudiced. In a note, they're Authoritarian. This ebook is a consultant for therapists and counselors who paintings with those males, delivering an knowing in their mental improvement and supplying empirically supported options to paintings with them successfully.
What's the position of the senses in how we comprehend the area? Cognitive sociology has lengthy addressed the best way we understand or think limitations in our traditional lives, yet Asia Friedman pushes this question extra nonetheless. How, she asks, did we come to blind ourselves to intercourse sameness? Drawing on greater than sixty interviews with decidedly varied populations—the blind and the transgendered—Blind to Sameness solutions provocative questions about the relationships among intercourse ameliorations, biology, and visible notion.
Massimo Recalcati interroga l. a. funzione paterna nell’epoca della sua crisi. Attraverso Sigmund Freud e Jacques Lacan e alcune determine tratte dalla letteratura (Philip Roth e Cormac McCarthy) e dal cinema (Clint Eastwood), si delineano i tratti di una paternità indebolita ma comunque essenziale. Nel pace dell’evaporazione del padre, che cosa può essere ancora una guida in step with il soggetto?
First released in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Psychoanalyse der Lebensbewegungen: Zum körperlichen Geschehen in der psychoanalytischen Therapie - Ein Lehrbuch (German Edition)
- Le Viol: Une Tragédie Planétaire (1) (French Edition)
- Construction and Reconstruction of Memory: Dilemmas of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Prostitution, Race and Politics: Policing Venereal Disease in the British Empire
Additional info for A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek and Roman Sexualities (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Thomas K. Hubbard